Did you know that 68% of Americans own a pet, which is over 86 million homes? (Source: American Pet Products Association)
In case you’re curious, here are a few interesting stats on pet ownership;
- Dogs are the most popular pets in the US, with over 65 million households owning dogs.
- Cats are the second most popular pet (46 million).
- Freshwater fish are the third most popular pet, with over 11 million households having a freshwater aquarium.
If you’re one of the millions of Americans who own a pet, you know how important it is to keep them healthy and happy.
Here’s where pet blogs come in. Pet blogs can be helpful whether you’re looking for pet care or training advice. You’ll also find plenty of exciting stories from other pet owners.
So, if you’re looking for the most popular pet blogs, you’re in the right place. Let’s get started!
5 Must-Read Pet Blogs for Animal Lovers
The Dogington Post is one of the best pet blogs on the Internet. It is an excellent resource for dog lovers of all ages.
Whether you’re looking for advice on raising healthy dogs or looking to style your dog, The Dogington Post blog has everything covered. It was launched in 2012 and quickly became a popular destination for dog lovers for pup-related stories, news, and more.
Why should you read The Dogington Post?
If there’s ONLY one blog you want to follow for dog advice, check out the Doginton Post. They consider themselves “The internet newspaper all about dogs.” Here are a few reasons you might want to read the Dogington Post blog.
- To learn about dog training. Whether you’re a new dog owner or have been a pet parent a few times, you’ll find something helpful in their blog.
- To learn more about dog health, including dog coats, nutrition, vaccination, grooming, dog yoga, and much more
- Dog fashion, where you can find plenty of fashion styles for dogs, including leashes, clothes, costumes, and more
- It also covers many articles on pet entertainment, including celebrity pets, funny dog posts, dog astrology, etc., that will make you laugh.
What things are covered in The Dogington Post blog?
- Dog entertainment
- Dog lifestyle, including fashion, boarding, daycare, etc.
- Dog’s health and diet advice
- Dog training, including basic training, house training, etc.
- Reviews of pet-related products
2. Adopt a Pet
Are you looking to adopt a pet? Then, you shouldn’t miss out on the Adopt-a-Pet blog, as it is a goldmine of information for anyone who wants to adopt a pet.
In the last 20 years, they helped over 15,000 animal shelters and rescues. Isn’t that amazing?
On the Adopt a Pet blog, you’ll find articles on everything from choosing the right pet for your lifestyle to preparing your home for your new furry friend.
Why should you read Adopt a Pet?
The #1 thing that really sets the Adopt-a-Pet blog apart is its commitment to helping pets in need. Whether you’re looking to adopt a dog or cat – you’ll find all the information you need.
You’ll learn about the latest trends in pet adoption. You’ll also find a ton of inspiring stories of other people who have adopted pets. You can also sign up for Free or Premium New Pet Alerts, so you’ll get notified whenever you find a match.
What things are covered in Adopt a Pet blog?
Here are a few topics that are covered on this blog;
- Advice on finding a pet (be it a dog or cat)
- Pet care health
- Pet care diet
- Best of Dog Tips
- Cat & Dog Nutrition
- Cat Breeds
- Dog Breeds
- Pet safety and behavior training
PetKeen is one of the leading resources for pet owners of all kinds, where you’ll find everything from pet food and nutrition to training and behavior.
The blog currently has a HUGE archive of over 15,500 posts with up-to-date information from pet experts and veterinarians.
Why should you read PetKeen?
The blog has hundreds of helpful articles related to pet care, including:
- Pet health advice to keep your pet healthy, from nutrition to vaccination.
- Pet behavior advice on how to train your pet and deal with behavioral problems.
- Pet product reviews of the latest pet products, from food to toys.
- Tips on how to travel with your pet safely and comfortably.
The best part? The majority of the blog’s articles are written by experienced pet experts. So, you’ll find lots of credible information related to your pet.
What things are covered in PetKeen pet blog?
Here are some of the topics covered in this blog;
- Small Pets
- Pet Rats
4. Daily Paws
Daily Paws is a blog about pets and provides the latest news for pets and their owners. It offers in-depth articles for pet owners, covering everything from pet care and training to pet news and entertainment.
Why should you read Daily Paws?
From common dog treatments to cat names, creating a pet-friendly home – you’ll find plenty of FREE resources on this fantastic pet care website.
It has many helpful reviews and recommends pet products, from food and toys to pet beds. If you’re interested in reading personal lifestyle stories of other pet owners, you’ll find those things too, as well as tips and advice on living with pets.
Most blogs listed here either focus exclusively on dogs or cats, but this website covers both topics, including cats and dogs.
What things are covered in Daily Paws pet blog?
Daily Paws covers the following topics in general;
- Dogs & puppies
- Cats & kittens
- Living with pets
- Pet news & entertainment
- Pet gear & apparel
5. Pet Helpful
As the name suggests, Pet Helpful is the best source of information on pet health and wellness. If you care about your pet’s health and behavior, follow this amazing website.
Why should you read Pet Helpful?
The #1 reason to follow this pet blog is that you’ll find advice from veterinarians, trainers, and fellow pet owners. They can advise you on everything from pet diet and exercise to vaccinations, parasite prevention, and more.
What things are covered in the Pet Helpful blog?
Pet Helpful blog has articles and free resources on almost all pets worldwide. If you’re curious, this animal blog mostly covers the following topics;
- Fish & aquariums
- Reptiles & amphibians
- Exotic pets
- Pet ownership
- Farm animals as pets
Bonus: The Spruce Pets
Spruce Pets is one of the popular pet websites that helps over 10 million people every month. They currently have over 4,000 in-depth articles on various topics, including cats, pigs, dogs, betta fish, etc.
Why should you read The Spruce Pets?
If you’re looking for a reliable resource for pets, make sure to follow The Spruce Pets. Their blog posts are written mainly by veterinarians, trainers, and other pet experts on many topics, including pet care, training, health, nutrition, etc.
They also have a strict editorial policy of creating original, accurate, and engaging content on their website, which helps you consume only the BEST information related to pet care.
Follow this blog if you’re interested in the following things;
- Pet care and training
- Pet health and wellness
- Pet Nutrition
- Pet behavior
- Pet products and services
- Pet lifestyle
What things are covered in The Spruce Pets blog?
The Spruce Pets blog mostly covers the following topics;
- Dogs (from dog breeds to nutrition)
- Cats (from cat nutrition to behavior and training)
- Small pets
- Best pet products, along with their reviews
Want to start a pet blog on your own?
Do you want to launch your own pet blog within a small budget? Then, read on.
Starting a pet blog has many benefits, including;
- You can earn money online
- You can learn and share the knowledge with other pet lovers
- You can connect and network with other pet bloggers
- You can share all your pet stories, travel stories, etc
To start a pet blog, you need to pick a blogging platform. There are many platforms available, but we recommend WordPress.
WordPress is the world’s #1 content management system (CMS) and is used by most top pet websites.
To launch a WordPress site, you need web hosting. Again, there are too many web hosts out there.
For beginners, we HIGHLY recommend Hostinger. It is a reliable web host that offers extremely affordable hosting plans.
If you’re curious, here are 3 pricing plans offered by Hostinger WordPress hosting;
- Premium plan costs just $2.99 per month, and you can install up to 100 Websites With 100 GB SSD Storage and free Weekly Backups (along with a free domain)
- Business plan costs just $3.99/month, where you can install up to 100 Websites with increased (Up to 5x) performance. You’ll also get 200 GB NVMe Storage and free Daily Backups
- The Cloud Startup plan is perfect if you want a dedicated IP address and 10x better website performance. This plan costs you only $8.99/month, and you can install up to 300 Websites with 200 GB NVMe Storage
To get started, click on this special link to visit their WordPress hosting page.
As you can see above, their WordPress hosting plans start at just $2.99 per month.
Click on the Add to Cart button to continue to their payment page, which looks like this;
If you use our exclusive coupon “BLOGWITHBP” (without quotes), you’ll get a 78% HUGE discount. As you can see, you can grab their 4-year hosting for only $152!
Hostinger also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. So you can try their hosting services without thinking twice. If you want more information on starting a pet blog, read this free guide.
FAQs on Most Popular Pet Blogs
Here are some commonly asked questions about pet websites and pet blogging in general.
Are pet blogs profitable?
Yes, pet blogs can be profitable, as the leading pet blogs generate upwards of $25,000 a month.
How do you write a pet blog?
Start by choosing a niche, write high-quality content, and promote your blog through social media and other channels.
How do you start a pet vlog?
Get a good vlogging camera, start filming videos about your pet, and edit and upload them to YouTube or another video platform like Instagram or TikTok.
How do I monetize my dog blog?
There are many ways to monetize a dog blog, including advertising, affiliate marketing, and selling dog products.
What are the best pet blogs to follow in 2023?
Here are some of the top pet blogs;
– Adopt a Pet
– Daily Paws
– Pet Helpful
What type of advice will you find on pet blogs?
Most pet blogs cover a wide range of topics including dog breeds, cat breeds, nutrition, pet health, and more.
Final thoughts on the best animal blogs for 2023
No matter what kind of pet you have, there’s a blog out there that’s perfect for you.
By following top pet blogs, you can learn many things ranging from general pet care tips to breed-specific advice, food advice, and more.
Make sure the blog you follow is credible and the content is mainly written by experts who know what they’re doing. So, what are your thoughts on the pet blogs listed here? Did we miss any of your favorite sites? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.